Equal Pay Day is Saturday 4 April 2020.
Join allies from coast to coast to coast for our first EQUAL PAY DAY VIRTUAL RALLY on Saturday 4 April at 1:00 p.m. EDT!
We’ll have exciting speakers! Real-time interactions! Community building actions!
Equal Pay Day draws attention to the gender pay gap – how much all women’s work is undervalued and underpaid relative to men’s. This year’s COVID-19 crisis highlights how women’s crucial work keeps our communities functioning.
Without women’s work, the economy doesn’t work.Women are dominating jobs on the front line of the COVID-19 pandemic – nursing, care work, cleaning, food services, retail and more.
At the same time, the pandemic has exposed the cracks in our social safety nets. Women face unique risks every day but especially under physical distancing directives.
But the COVID-19 pandemic has also shown that we can do things differently. Come plan a future that delivers economic security for women and real community care.
It’s time to SHOW US THE MONEY!
WEAR RED to show how women are in the red! Display your banners as a backdrop to your webcam! Let’s show our solidarity in demanding a new normal that leaves no one behind!
- Fay Faraday & Jan Borowy, Co-Chairs, Equal Pay Coalition
Speakers to date include:
- Marie Clarke Walker, Secretary Treasurer, Canadian Labour Congress
- Patty Coates, President, Ontario Federation of Labour
- Diana Day, Lead Matriarch, Pacific Association of First Nations Women
- Deb De Angelis, Regional Director & National Strategic Campaigns Coordinator, United Food & Commercial Workers Canada
- Aja Mason, Director, Yukon Status of Women Council
- Ontario Nurses Association
- New Brunswick Pay Equity Coalition
Let us know about other actions that are happening in your communities and we will amplify them!