Equal Pay Day is Tuesday April 10
On average, women must work 15.5 months to make what a man does in 12. That’s why we’re marking #EqualPayDay on Tuesday April 10.
Equal Pay Day Events
- Toronto rally: Join us for our Toronto Equal Pay Day rally on April 10 outside of Queen’s Park. Bring your members, family, friends, and allies! Wear red to protest how unequal pay leaves women in the red!
- When: Rally 12-1pm
- Where: The North West corner of College and University
- What: Samba Squad! Food truck! Short speeches! Gender Priced Bake Sale! And much more!
- Kingston / Queen’s University event:
- Queen’s University Equal Pay Day of Action 11-2PM at Joseph S. Stauffer Library at Queen’s University. Organized by the United Steel Workers Local 2010, Kingston $15 and Fairness, and the Queen’s University Faculty Association.
- Ottawa event:
- Equal Pay Day Salary Negotiation Workshop organized by the Canadian Federation of University Women, noon to 2PM at St. Paul University
- Guelph event:
- On April 10th the Women’s Committee of the United Steelworkers Local 4120 will be hosting a bake sale with gendered pricing on the main floor of the University Centre at the University of Guelph.
- London event:
- Stratford events:
- Canadian Federation of University Women campaign From now until #EqualPayDay, The CFUW Stratford is sharing facts, busting myths, and encouraging action to close the #genderpaygap on their Facebook event!
- On April 10 Join CFUW Stratford at 11:40am in front of City Hall and wear something red to pose for a photo and help us share information downtown about pay inequality and how to close the pay gap. Everyone welcome!
- The Association of Ontario Midwives are also posting pictures of their Board members wearing red, with statements about equal pay on their Instagram.
On social media
Follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. Like, share, and comment to help our messages reach more people. We’ll be posting regularly and you can share them with the hashtags #EqualPayDay #ShowUsThe Money #payequity #paytransparency
Make sure to tag us when you’re promoting your events on social media so we can amplify the message.